Intrigue Intermittent A/C and Turn Signals

The turn signals and air conditioning in my 2000 Olds Intrigue occasionally stop working. When the turn signals stop, I can leave the emergency flashers on, turn on a turn signal, then they start working again. With the A/C, it appears the compressor stops running, the A/C light goes off, but then comes back on again later on it's on. Almost like it's cycling from a thermostat, but it sometimes does it immediately after a cold start. I don't see any pattern into what triggers either to stop or start again Are these related electrically somehow, or is it just coincidence? Anyone have any experience with this and/or advice? Thanks, Chris

Reply to
danders

Danders,

Start your engine, turn the turn signal on, and wiggle the hazard flasher button (But don't turn the hazards on). If the turn signal starts working, it's a faulty hazard switch.

As for your a/c problem. It's not related. Every 3-4 years an a/c needs to be serviced. Have it leak tested and re-charged. The a/c going on and off, usually means a low charge. The a/c system is supposed to be air tight, right? Nope, they all leak a bit over time. There is no rubber seal/hose/connector created yet, that is not permeable at some point. You should still have a leak check done though. You never know if there is a larger leak.

GMdude

Reply to
GMdude

GMdude, Thanks for the advice. I've yet to get the A/C checked out, but you were exactly right about the faulty hazard switch. danders

Reply to
danders

what about a 2000 grand am... that the turn signals work... then sometimes stop working, but will turn back on if u keep on hitting the hazard button on off on off and finally the turning signals will start turning on...???

thanks,

Owner

C, That's exactly what mine was doing. Try GMDude's suggestion - If I left the signal on, I could wiggle the hazard button left and right and the turn signal would go on and off. danders

Reply to
danders

Danders,

I was happy to be of assistance to you. Once a week or so, I offer assistance on this group to people that state problems clearly, and provide vehicle make, model, and year.

I don't reply when the info is sketchy.

Yes, I'm a GM tech. I give info free on the weekends.

There is no way for you to compensate me for the information, other than a "thank you". And yes, that is just fine with me.

Your welcome, Danders.

GMdude

Reply to
GMdude