Is $3 gas on the way?

So much for big truck sales
Is $3 gas on the way? http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070219/UPDATE/702190397
-- "If they pull a knife, you pull a gun. If they put one of yours in the
hospital, you put one of theirs in the morgue." Sean Connery, "The Untouchables"
we have already had 3dollar gas!

It is not gone forever. Bank on it.
I believe it, it went from $2.07 to $2.38 here.

You're lucky. It's almost $1.00 a liter here.

Its on the up because summer driving season is coming. It will continue to go up till November then slowly go down. The Republicans will say its supply and demand then hold their hands out for the special interest oil money. You will see gas over $3 this year. My guess top out around 3.40

Listening to a couple of "expert" stockbrokers yesterday morning, neither could agree on what we can expect in energy costs for the year. One predicted $45 oil by Christmas, the other predicted $80.
The facts as I perceive them are that we have a logistic shortage at the moment rather than a supply shortage. If anything makes logistics worse, like weather, shipping disasters, war, or an outright embargo, then the prices go up quickly.
As supply versus demand worsens, then the eventual trend for oil has to be upward. I fully expect to see gasoline in the US$3 per gallon range this year.