Is a Geo-Metro included as a GM product?

I have a 96 Geo-Metro, it runs great and all, but I noticed a steel vaccuum line that comes up about in the center of the firewall under the hood. It comes up from somewhere under the car and there is no
hose connected to it. It doesn't feel like it has any vaccuum when I put my finger on it. The local library doesn't have that Chilton Book either. Anybody know what it might be for? Can anyone post the vaccuum diagrams for it? Standard tranny, no AC.
Sounds like a vent for the trans.