Is Alldata DYI subscription wothr the price?

I have a 1995 Park Ave for which I occasionally need technical info... schematics, diagonistic guides, etc. Has anyone had good luck with Alldata's DYI
subscription service?
http://www.alldata.com/products/diy/index.html
It is $25/year.
TIA
Ed
I access the Alldata databases at our local public library. They have a full subscription (only accessible from the PCs physically at the library). I use it to get the TSB's and recall info.
Check to see if your library has access to it.
Why not just invest in a dealer service manual? One time purchase, granted, it doesn't have full recall listings but it does have diagrams and diagnostics pertaining to your perticular vehicle.
Shane W. 1988 Olds T.S.
hehe .. They are great guides.. The part I hate is when you are told to use GM part number blah blah Tech tool .. yada, yada..

I guess I was assuming they were pretty expensive... $100+. Am I wrong?
Ed

Not usually, maybe if you're buying brand new, never opend dealer manuals but I bought mine used for $45 and I also got the Fisher Body service manual brand new for $50. So that wasn't too bad I thought.
Actually the dealer service one is kinda cool, its got little notes about certain procedures that have been scribble in the margins from past mechanics.
I forget the name of the place that I ordered them from but I'll find out the phone number if you or anyone else is interested. They have a LOT of literature from cars of the past including serive and owners manuals, dealer brochures and posters, you name it.
Shane 1988 Olds T.S.
On 27 Feb 2004 08:04:15 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Shane Williams) wrote:

Please try to locate that if you can. I'd love to get some service manuals for my cars. And I like the fact that you can get used ones more cheaply than the new ones.

All sounds like stuff I'd love a look at.
Many thanks!
Rick
Go with ebay..
I get factory service manuals for my cars there for generally under $20 shipped.
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 22:15:12 -0500, "Clem"

Holy crap! Are you serious? I am there!
Thanks!
Rick
You can get used Service Manual at car show / swap meets. In January I paid $30 for a 91 Caddy manual, its was new in 1991 but never used.
Several of the county fairgrounds here in northern Illinois have car show / swap meets several times a year.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 300 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 23:13:05 -0600 (CST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

Ah, great news!
Any tips on how to find out about these?
Thanks!!
Rick
Rutger wrote; Any tips on how to find out about these?
ؿ Ask harry.