Is it possible to export a German car out USA?

Is it possible to export a German car out USA? If so, can you get the TAX refund after the exporting? For exporting a car (any make, including US make) out
USA, I have to buy it from a dealer who will not give me the CO, and register the new car in DMV to get that "title" in about 3 weeks, then clear the exporting papers with the "title". But I do not know how to do next, because I still have the plate of that car issued by DMV, and I will be asked for the renewal fees every year by DMV......
Happy_J wrote:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import /

He's looking to EXport, not import. He should talk to his DMV.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Yea, Thanks. I read it wrong.

Still works, just read it backwards.

Interesting. I dont know that there is any problem exporting a car from the USA so long as the documentation of ownership, etc, is correct.
Now, the country of import might be a different matter.
My ex boss thought about exporting her Lexus 430 to Norway when she went home. The Norwegian government wanted an import tax of about NOK 1.5 million (now, near US$300,000). Sometimes the "do-able" is not practical.