Is my computer fried?

Or ????

97 S-10 Blazer 4.3L. It won't start...It will sometimes catch but never enough to keep running. Recently replaced fuel-filter and fuel-pump.

I just plugged in an Innova 3100 OBDII code-reader to see if there are any codes to check out. All the reader does is blink the "C", "HC", "EV", "O", "OH", and "E" icons. Every 15 seconds it says "read". It has yet to say "Done" (Should it?). No codes show up. It has been plugged into the car for about 5 minutes.

This is the first time I have used this reader so maybe I am expecting too much? OR because the battery was disconnected for the fuel-pump, whatever codes were it in cleared. And now that it won't start, it cant' generate a code?

I'm so confused.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Weissborn

Did you turn the ignition switch to the "on" position? My ScanTool won't register unless the ignition is switched on. Rich B

Reply to
Rich B

Bill Weissborn wrote in news:Xns94969C8E1ABDDweissborncharternet@216.168.3.44:

Did you bleed the fuel rail?