Is " sock filter " on in-tank fuel pickup replaceable ?

Threaded View

Hello Folks.
1979 Chev van , 20 series  3/4 ton

Is " sock filter ' on end of fuel pickup tube in gas tank replaceable,
 without having to buy new sender unit ?

The old one is on tube tight - I'm reluctant to get too forceful in
trying to remove it unless I know for sure it comes off tube -
 since I will put original sending unit back in if necessary.
The existing  sock filter has slight degradation where it touched
bottom of tank.

Please reply to NG.

Thanks,
-JS

Re: Is " sock filter " on in-tank fuel pickup replaceable ?

I'm not sure if it's the same as your exact vehicle, but when we did a
fuel tank on my old 94 Lumina, the "fuel pump strainer" was indeed
replaceable, and we replaced it! :)

-GV

Re: Is " sock filter " on in-tank fuel pickup replaceable ?

back in them days they were replacable and advised to do so with any pump
replacemnt..........just pry it off
--
The Source For Premium  Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention

Site Timeline