Is " sock filter " on in-tank fuel pickup replaceable ?

Hello Folks. 1979 Chev van , 20 series 3/4 ton
Is " sock filter ' on end of fuel pickup tube in gas tank replaceable, without having to buy new sender unit ?
The old one is on tube tight - I'm reluctant to get too forceful in trying to remove it unless I know for sure it comes off tube - since I will put original sending unit back in if necessary. The existing sock filter has slight degradation where it touched bottom of tank.
Please reply to NG.
Thanks, -JS

I'm not sure if it's the same as your exact vehicle, but when we did a fuel tank on my old 94 Lumina, the "fuel pump strainer" was indeed replaceable, and we replaced it! :)
wrote:

-GV

back in them days they were replacable and advised to do so with any pump replacemnt..........just pry it off
--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention