Is your car officially a clunker? Search the database

Is your car officially a clunker? Search the database

Jim Higgins

Pretty expensive way to clean up the countryside of clunkers.

Guess we can add this to the cost of Obama Government Motors, 1 Bankrupt Place, Money Laundering, 00000, USSR.

Reply to
Canuck57

The transmissions they list on this for 1992 have nothing to do with what my transmission RPO code is...

The above site lists these transmissions: L4, M4, M5. What do these mean?

Reply to
Bill

People are being led to believe they will get an "extra $4,500." What they will actually be able to get is a minimum of $3,500! It is only UP to $4,500 IF the vehicle the buy is NEW and the difference in the EPA mileage figure is at the TOP of the mileage difference in the EPA mileage figure listed for your trade. That is only IF your cars drive train is SCRAPED. In other words you do NOT get the value of your car, plus the 'rebate,' you only get the 'rebate.'

I.E. Your 2000 Corolla is worth $1,800 you will get the minimum or $3,500 for it off the MSRP, of a 2009 Corolla and nothing for the 2000 that must then be scrapped.

I.E. Your 2002 Corolla is worth $2,900 you will get the minimum or $3,500 for it off the MSRP, of a 2009 Corolla nothing for the 2002 that must then be scrapped.

Depending on your state, and or city, the $3,500 could be taxed as income, as well

Reply to
Mike

And they were pigs on gas.

Haven't you figured this out yet? This is about pork-corruption.

Reply to
Canuck57

hell, mine ('88 944) is listed as having 22 MPG combined, they should pay me to buy another! (isn't 22 MPG the cutoff they're using?)

of course if I were *ONLY* getting 22 MPG out of it I'd be pissed, I can usually beat that

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Last Friday, I traded my '95 Volvo 850 (with 200K miles) in for a "new to me" '08 Volvo V70. The '95 850 does not qualify for this credit because the link says it gets a city/highway average 22 MPG (which is about what I was getting).

Reply to
JimG