It's a first: Detroit 3 market share dips below 50%

Page 2 of 2
wrote in message news:ptednQcQvaO-

How is a thread titled "GM sales dive 19%, led by 22% drop for Chevrolet", or "It's a first: Detroit 3 market share dips below 50%" positive in any way? Higgins hates GM. That is his right. However, Trolling a GM newsgroup is usually against the TOS for most providers, and it really makes him look like an ass.
wrote in message news:ptednQcQvaO-

I have to agree. Jim's only purpose here seems to be heralding any bad news he can find about American automakers. Hardly a contribution in my opinion.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Maybe you dont like to see the figures. It is a sad scenario, really, that US manufacturers have come to this point.
I think Higgins posts were simple statements of fact. Neither positive nor negative.
What I find really strange (or maybe I dont) is that American management has stood by and allowed this to happen. I dont, because I see it in other industries, not just autos. The corporations hire dudes who wear expensively cut suits, speak to the board of directors with politically correct, but likely misleading, plans and forecasts, pay themselves well, and hump the bonus plans in their favor.
I would like to see: - GM assume a place of generating innovative engineering and quality exciting cars - Ford, make a car that rides as well as a GM and would appeal to someone other than my deceased father - Chrysler give both GM and Ford a run for their money
And someday this may happen. Stockholders, the board of directors, etc will have to make a decision to do it, and then get managment which has the courage and honesty to see it through.
When this happens, I will see it not only as a fact, but as something very positive for GM, and the entire American effort.
I often hear Americans brag of our superior engineering, our superior manufacturing, our superior lifestyle, .....ad nauseum.. The facts, ladies and gentlemen, are that we have rested upon our superior asses until we are being nudged out of the race.

The facts themselves are just that, neither positive or negative. What makes it one way or the other is the reason for the post. Was it to bring facts to the attention of others? To rally the troops to makes changes? Or was it to rub people's faces in bad news?
I don't know the reason in this case, but there are those that take pleasure in the problems of others. You decide for yourself.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

I dont even care. On the newsgroup, one can choose to read the post or not.
If the post is factual, then why should anyone care??
If it isn't, the poster will be chastised soon enough.
I think this deal of getting ones panties in a wad is ridiculous.
wrote in message

I don't mind seeing figures. What I do mind is people Trolling groups.

Come on now. Jim's only purpose is to be an ass, and try and piss off people in the group. Yes, what was posted in the articles were facts, however if you look at Jim's track record, he wasn't posting them to be a nice guy.

See, those aren't facts. IMHO, GM does make quality cars (such as the ones produced in the Oshawa plant, which is constantly rated #1 in North America). Have they made crap? They sure have, but so have all the other companies. As for Ford, I have never owned one, but I found the ride in a Escort wagon I drove once to be alright. As for Chrysler, you never know.

Kinda depressing, no?
Did you forget to post the fact GM and Ford made a profit in the last quarter?
mike