Jammed glove compartment door

I have a 2005 Chevy Impala. The glove-compartment latch-handle pulls down but the door won't open. (I suspect that something inside -- like the owner's manual -- is interfering with the latch mechnism). How can
I get the glove-compartment door open?
On 4/10/06 9:35 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
this gibberish...

Big screwdriver..
You might be able to take the screws out of the hinge under the dashboard, then spring it down somewhat, and reach in from the back to see if something is caught in the lock mechanism.
Harryface