Jimmy Head lights

I have a 1998 GMC Jimmy the left headlamp was bouncing when I drove it seemed to be loose. As luck would have it some hit the right front bumper and put a hole in it. I had it repaired (insurance covered) at a body shop
and asked them if they could look at the headlamp. When I picked it up they said they tightened it up and that should stop it. Yesterday was the first I drove it at night and now it seems to be aimed very low. How do I adjust them and will that cause it to bounce again.
Tim
| I have a 1998 GMC Jimmy the left headlamp was bouncing when I drove it | seemed to be loose. As luck would have it some hit the right front bumper | and put a hole in it. I had it repaired (insurance covered) at a body shop | and asked them if they could look at the headlamp. When I picked it up they | said they tightened it up and that should stop it. Yesterday was the first I | drove it at night and now it seems to be aimed very low. How do I adjust | them and will that cause it to bounce again. | | Tim | |
Usually there are two adjustment screws...one to adjust vertical positioning and the other horizontal positioning. You will need to do some research on how to calibrate your adjustments. If you have a flat driveway with a garage door to shine the lights on, you're part way there.
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:40:07 -0500, "James C. Reeves"

Also needs to be double-checked that the lamp housings are installed correctly.
All I know of is one screw on the center top that tilts the lamp housing out. I think that is for changing lamps but not sure.

bumper
shop
they
first I

adjust
positioning
on how

door

they
Take it back to the body shop and have them aim it, they get paid by the insurance company to do that, they are obviously not doing their job.
Back in the day, If I let a car go without the headlamps being aimed, I'd get bitched at by whatever service writer who had the job.
I have two Jimmy's and would like to know where and how the adjustment works. The body shop told me they tightened it down to stop the bouncing it was not part of the damage they just did it for me.

bumper
shop
first