K & N Filters

Hello, I've noticed a few posts concerning K & N air filters, and they don't seem to be bad. Against this, Honda owners seem to go berserk when the subject is mentioned of using a non honda part as regards engine longevity. So basically, what I'm asking is: Who's right? And are these filters only good on American (GM) cars? And if so, why or why not?..Thanks.. Ted

Reply to
Ted

I've heard of overoiled filters killing extra sensitive MAF's, but thats about it. Good product but pricey. I just use a $8 paper on my car and replace it when dirty.

Brent

on Tuesday 11 September 2007 02:05 pm, someone posing as Ted took a rock and etched into the cave:

Following up on what Brent said, I had used a K&N on my '95 Jimmy. It ran for about 100K miles with the CAI system. I noticed little difference in HP.

All my other cars/trucks/vans have had the $2 paper part replaced about every 3-5K miles. Works just as well, since I don't particularly floor it on a regular basis.

Save your money, go to Vegas.

Reply to
PerfectReign

From what most people say, the car "sounds like" it has more power with a K&N, but the tests show it doesnt really help much if at all. Tests have been cited where the K&N lets more dirt into the engine than good quality paper filters.

My choice would be to avoid them.

Reply to
hls

To be honest, I wouldn't have bought it except for the fact that I got it from Amazon for $12.00. I figured at that price I couldn't go wrong. Thanks for all your input...make life interesting.

Reply to
Ted