Keeping wheels clean

What are your tips and tricks for keeping wheels clean from brake dust? Anything easiest to use or just some elbow grease every couple days with a rag and a cleaner. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

YOu might want to try ceramic pads. They make white dust instead of black dust.

Reply to
« Paul »

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 01:09:12 GMT, "« Paul »"

Reply to
Full_Name

Reply to
null

Comparing ceramics to semi-metal: On my own car, the ceramics seem to retain a little more "grabbing power"=

when hot. They are more expensive. IIRC, I paid ~$30. Here is a decent link:

can't tell if your car needs a complete brake job or not.My own car has it's original rotors. They have never been turned.They have 165,000 miles on them now. There is no warpage.They are still within spec.

Reply to
« Paul »

"« Paul »" there any downsides to the ceramic? Thanks for any info.

Comparing ceramics to semi-metal: On my own car, the ceramics seem to retain a little more "grabbing power" when hot. They are more expensive. IIRC, I paid ~$30. Here is a decent link:

can't tell if your car needs a complete brake job or not.My own car has it's original rotors. They have never been turned.They have 165,000 miles on them now. There is no warpage.They are still within spec. Thanks Paul, appreciate the info.

Reply to
Paul O.

Believe it or not they say Pam cooking spray (or any kind) works great in the winter. Put it on before a snow and it repels the stuff they put on the streets. Washes off easily also.

Look half way down under protecting your wheels during winter.

Reply to
LeBuick