Keyless Entry

Hi,

I have a 2003 Buick Le Sabre and I have an extra keyless entry key fob. I would like to program it to open our car. I watched a salesman do something to reprogram one in the car but I could not see exactly what he did. Does anyone know how this is done?

Art

Reply to
arossi

I'm Right

I believe you will find the procedure to do so is in your owners manual.

mike hunt

arossi wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
Reply to
SgtSilicon

Hi,

My owners manual only tells how to program a new key. It does not mention any method for programming the keyless puck.

art

SgtSilic> It's in your owner manual. Check it out. Lots of neat info in there! >

Reply to
arossi

Reply to
BRYAN MAXWELL

Well guess what. I actually went and looked at an owner's manual for a 2003 Le Sabre. I thought I would find the info on how to do what you ask and... I couldn't find it. Granted I only spent about 2 or 3 minutes but it doesn't seem to be there. Looking in there though, the FOB looks exactly like the type used for my 2001 Camaro. My Camaro manual explains how to set these up.

I will post the information here with the caveat that it may not be correct for other models or production years. That being said, here you go (pay special attention to the "matching" section:

Resynchronization Resynchronization may be necessary due to the security method used by the remote keyless entry system. The transmitter does not send the same signal twice to the receiver. The receiver will not respond to a signal that has been sent previously. This prevents anyone from recording and playing back the signal from the transmitter. To resynchronize the transmitter with the receiver, do the following:

  1. Stand close to the vehicle.
  2. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter at the same time for about eight seconds. The door locks should cycle and the interior lamps should flash to confirm resynchronization. If this does not happen, you may need to replace the battery in your transmitter or match the transmitter to your vehicle. See "Matching Transmitter(s) to Your Vehicle" in the Index.

Matching Transmitter(s) to Your Vehicle Each remote keyless entry transmitter is coded to prevent another transmitter from unlocking your vehicle. If a transmitter is lost or stolen, a replacement can be purchased through your dealer. Remember to bring any remaining transmitters with you when you go to your dealer. When the dealer matches the replacement transmitter to your vehicle, any remaining transmitters must also be matched. Once your dealer has coded the new transmitter, the lost transmitter will not unlock your vehicle. Each vehicle can have only four transmitters matched to it. Have each transmitter you intend to match ready for the next steps. To match transmitters to your vehicle, do the following:

  1. Turn the ignition key to RUN, then to OFF. This will disarm the content theft-deterrent/alarm system (option).
  2. Remove the RADIO fuse. This fuse is located in the main fuse block which is located on the left side of your instrument panel. See "Fuses and Circuit Breakers" in the Index.
  3. Turn the ignition key from OFF to RUN three times quickly (within five seconds). The vehicle will respond by locking the doors, unlocking the driver?s door and releasing the hatch. Your transmitter is now ready to match the vehicle. Leave the ignition in RUN.
  4. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter for 15 seconds. The vehicle will respond as in Step 3.
  5. Repeat Step 4 for the remaining transmitters.
  6. When you have finished matching all of your transmitters, replace the RADIO fuse.
  7. Check that all transmitters work by press>Hi,