keyless remote for 1997 Olds Silhouette?

bought a used 1997 oldsmobile Silhouette van. It has automatic power door locks. I would like to add keyless remote .
1. Is there some easy way to determine if the van came with this option in
the first place?
2. If not what is the best approach to adding keyless remote? Is it a do-it-yourself sort of job or best left to the pros?

door
in
For my old Grand Prix, I just called into my local GM dealership, gave them the VIN off of the car, and they were able to tell me what features my car came with.

On the same subject of my old GP, it, as it turned out, did not come with factory keyless entry, so I went to a Wal Mart and bought a Bulldog Security Keyless unit. It was simple to install, works great, there website (http://www.bulldogsecurity.com /) has many helpful things on it, and they have toll free (at least when I did mine) tech support. But, I am sure others can think of much better keyless units. The one I bought, did have starter immobilizer, but I did not hook it up, and with the GP being a '91, no one really wanted to steal it anyhow. :-P
--
80Knight
(1991 Pontiac Bonneville SSE Sedan)
On 31 Aug 2004 01:45:15 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Marcorcap) wrote:

If you want a cheap alternative go to "Walmart" they've got el~cheapo kits that can do the job. If you want someone to put one in for you, check a local car stereo shop.