keys made for gm cars

Page 2 of 2

My 91 Regal has it in the glove box, but no ignition needed. Just push the button. I just dislike the location from a convenience POV since you have to reach across the front passenger.

Edwin,
My '94 Regal is the same, but I have the remote keyless entry, so I use it instead of having to open the glove box.
Bill
wrote in message

That's true. But, I'm not sure if I love the placement of it in my '96 Bonneville either. Right on the driver's door.

My 1987 Olds 98 was that way: the 1994 Buick Regal I have now has a constantly live trunk release switch in the glove box. The new system is less of a pain in the butt but a lot less secure. Oh well . . . that's "progress".
Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA

I don't know about your Regal, but on my '96 Bonnie, there is a button in the trunk which lock's out the power trunk release button inside the car. The Keyless Entry remote will still unlock the trunk, as will the key, but the button inside the car won't. Can be helpful, but I just leave mine off. If someone *really* wants to get into your trunk, it doesn't really matter what you do.