Kia's New Plant in Georgia

More "import" expansion to meet increasing sales, by building locally. They could have probably bought the Ford Taurus plant for cheap!
From Business Week:

Why would they buy Ford's plant? They want something that is modern.
the plant is probably too worn out from selling more sedans that anyone else.

Interestingly this is crossposted into 3 groups where it isn't on topic but not posted into alt.autos.kia where it would be on topic.
-- Christian

Does anyone look there? It does indicate who's growing and manufacturing locally.

Note that they picked Georgia, as do all the invaders, because of traditionally lax labor laws in southern states, as well as a cowed workforce and the lowest wages in the country. Environmental and safety standards are also ignored in most southern states.
if they can supply good paying entry level jobs I'm sure the locals are more than happy. I've lived in non factory states before and barely got by with entry level jobs with just a H.S. diploma. Now I live in Ohio and found out that you actually support your family by being willing to work and getting a job at an auto plant.

DeserTBoB wrote:

Bob, maybe you should move to Georgia and build a factory. Then you could pay the locals $30 an hour.

Tax incentives to I bet.
DeserTBoB wrote:

Yes let's legislate better working conditions and higher pay to drive the jobs overseas so you can blame the same people for that too. We know the liberal tactics - complain and blame no matter what is or is not done.

Hey, Putz-ney! I took you off kill file (along with Nudo) just to watch both of your fizz and fume and fart after losing Congress. I know, in your deluded world, you'd pay no overtime, no pensions, no benefits, and everything would be for the bosses, right?
Ain't gonna happen.
Your buddy Nudo is in the middle of a psychotic meltdown over the election. Glad to see you're doing much better.
Now, back in you go! *PLONK*
DeserTBoB wrote:

Wrong. But you're still going to complain no matter what anybody does. - you failed to address the issue of driving corporations off-shore by your politics and then blaming someone else for your unintended but obvious (to sane people) consequences.

Hah! What a gracious winner, and a coward. Hit and run.
No - life goes on with the party of Aunt Jemima caricatures of Condoleeza Rice in charge to some extent.
I'm smiling, man - don't know about you. Your source of self-worth, sufficency, and joy is obviously different than mine.
And yeah - I know you are reading this anyway.

And this stuff has exactly what(?) to do with the automotive newsgroups that it's cross posted to? You two guys need to get a room.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote: