Knock Sensor Location?

I have a 2001 6 liter GMC and I need to replace the sensor but I can't locate it! Am I blind or What? Anyone know. I have the new one and know what I'm
looking for, I just can't put an eye on it under the hood!
Look on the block from underneath. You will probably not be able to see it from above.
Patrick

locate it! Am I blind or What? Anyone know. I have the new one and know what I'm looking for, I just can't put an eye on it under the hood!

"Topwater55" wrote

locate it! Am I blind or What? Anyone know. I have the new one and know what I'm looking for, I just can't put an eye on it under the hood!
You can't see them because they are located underneath the intake manifold. Fortunately, the manifold is not a wet manifold, and you can re-use the gaskets. So it's just a matter of lifting the manifold off, replacing the sensors and then re-install the manifold.
Ian
Pardon my dumb question, but how do you know you need to replace the Knock sensor? Time/mileage? Engine "knocking"? TIA.
-John

locate it! Am I blind or What? Anyone know. I have the new one and know what I'm looking for, I just can't put an eye on it under the hood!

Wack a safe spot on the engine with a hammer to simulate ping and see if you get a reading.