kruggerands engine resolution- thanks to you on this board

As you may recall we went from being told we had two blown head gaskets, to a cracked block....the last post I left you with the news that they had taken the engine block out of the car, that the heads were magnafluxed and OK, that the head gaskets were OK, that the intake manifold gasket was OK. Also that I referred them to the TSB that this board advised ..... that described the manifold, Egr, and plenum problems...and that I wanted to have a GM rep get involved.

Well with all that they pulled the block took it to Rorchester, for magnafluxing ..it was found not to be cracked.....I received a call this morning that the car was reassembled and I should come in ....they asked me to pay the cost of the upper and lower manifolds plus labor ($ over $800) they would pick up all other costs. I offered to pay half inasmuch as it was a misdiagnosis and I was without a car for two weeks and we were put through musch anxiety and stress.....we settled on that number.

You folks gave me the courage and information to resist the original diagnosis , even though in my gut I felt it was wrong and it didn't make sense to have all this happen after bringing my car in for as factory recall. So whether it was a coincidence or something else we are glad to have our car back and get on with our life.

Thank you all for your help

Kruggerand

Reply to
kruggerand

Hi...

Good show! Really nice to hear a story with a happy ending! :)

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Good job for not bending and taking thier word for it. Misdiagnosis happens more often than not, and the dealer will just go for the fix all to cover anything that it "may" be.

Reply to
Eightupman

Thank you for letting us know the outcome.

Reply to
« Paul »

That's all good to hear. There's just one bad thing that's come out of this. The fact that the put a torch on your cast iron. You may end up getting that crack after all.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Congratulations ! Great to hear. You've saved the cost of a lawyer & got your car back in one piece !

As some others have suggested (or hinted at) you may want to "pass your treasure on" to another owner when the opportunity arises.

But for the moment, cherish your victory & pat yourself on the back for your courage & for your willingness to get a few opinions.

PS great to hear the outcome, encouraging for us all.

Reply to
Full_Name