Last year for 3800 in minivan

Does anyone know the last year that GM put the 3800 engine into a mini van? I think it is 1995, but I am having trouble verifying. If I look up engine options for an 1997 Olds Silhouette, 3800 is available, but it
has (MEX) next to it. Does that mean that it was only available in Mexico, or built in Mexico?
Any and all help would be appreciated. My wife would like a newer mini van with sliding doors on both sides, but I refuse to buy the 3.4 engine. If I could find a newer one with a 3800 engine in it, we might have a compromise.
Thanks, Bill
Not sure what year the 3800 was last offered in a minivan. Mid 90's I'd guess. Did you know the 3.4 is nolonger in the 2005 Pontiac Montana SV6, BUick Terraza and Chevy Uplander ( replaces Venture ) and Saturn Relay. These crossover sport vans offer the new 3.5 V6. 200 HP, 220 TQ.
0 to 60 mph in 10.6 seconds.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~298,141 miles_~_~_
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

3,4L is still being used in the Chebbie Equinox and the Pontiac Asstek replacement: Torrent. To make matters worse, the engines are made by GM China!!!
Dennis Smith
I had factory installed 3.8L in 1992 Mini van (Transport). I think 1995 is the last year too.
says...