Leaking fuel from fuel pump assembly????

Car = 1999 Sunfire 2.4 Litre

Ok Im having a gas leak, had it up on the hoist and a mechanic is telling its coming from my fuel pump assembly where everything goes into the tank in the very back. My question is as to avoid replacing the whole fuel pump assembly as the pump is working fine as car is getting gas and working no problems, and I dont really want to go spend 500.00 + Canadian for a new pump if I dont have too. Is there a way to maybe check or fix lines or gaskets or anything ? or do I have to get a whole new fuel pump.

Thanks Brian

Reply to
disturbed1980

Shep

go get a second opinion. if i remember correctly,. the lines going to the sending unit are replacable and the sending unit lines going into the tank are probably plastic. if your fuel pump comes as a pump/sender module, you have to replace all of it, but the price would be more like 600. just in parts. if the two come seperate, you can change the sender only,HOWEVER, you would be wasting your time re installing a 7 year old pump

go get it checked elsewhere....try to stay away from shops where the techs work flat rate or on commission only, like dealerships or Canadian tire type places...they are on the upsell...

Reply to
redeye-racing

hey shep its coming from the lines or there abouts going into the tank itself the pump is fine i believe.

Shep wrote:

Reply to
disturbed1980