LeSabre?

I am thinking about a 95 LeSabre. I want to hear about pros/cons.

Is the tranny reliable? I have had real good luck with 4L60 tranny but generally don't trust automatics.

Would an older, gen I 3.8L be more reliable than gen. II?

Is it true that these cars get 29MPG?

Reply to
Anonymous Sender

Yes.

You don't get much choice in the matter with a '95 LeSabre.

Highway MPG, yes, on a bad day. On a good day, if you pull out all of the stops and cheat a little, more like 35.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Reliability of both engine & transmission is a factor of maintenance. These vehicles are hugely reliable (which is why you see cabbies with them, BUT ! That being said they still do need to be maintained. Well maintained many see the other side of 400K

Is it true that these cars get 29 MPG? Yes, that and better in good tune driven sensibly.

Reply to
Full_Name

My Dad had an olds 88 and it got 28 on the highway.

Reply to
Mark

I had a 1994 3.1 Corsica, that I pulled off an astounding 38MPG. I had to recomputate about 6 times because I thought I forgot a fill up. But I guess cruising at 60MPH after a fresh tune up, oil change and correct tire pressure would do that.

Reply to
Eightupman

I can't say anything about the electronic transmissions, but with the old hydraulic one I got it worked fine up to 192,000 miles when I had it rebuilt. I got 103,000 on the rebuild.

Gas mileage on the highway is good, I get 26 to 27.8 This is going 72 to

80 mph. Occasionally I may hit 29 mpg one one tank.

A friend had a 99 LeSabre & had three fuel pressure regulators put on in three years. Other than that it was fine otherwise except for the hinged arrmrest breaking around the hinge.

As the other posters mentioned, as long as you maintain it run along time. Seeing its 10 years old perhaps have a competent mechanic check it over before buying it.

Good Luck

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~295,558 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face