LeSabre front wheel bearing

I'm getting a growling noise from the front left wheel bearing on my 2001 LeSabre with 114,000km (70,000 miles). The local garage quoted Cdn$300 to
replace it. Does this sound reasonable?
--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:14:38 -0400, "Indrek Aavisto"

Where ABS is concerned yes. $200 for HUB assembly and $100 to put in. Certainly not reasonable but thats the way it is.

Sadly, yes. No longer do you replace a simple $10 bearing. That is about what I paid, but I was able to get more miles from mine, about 118,000 when I changed it out.