LeSabre not turning over

"92 Lesabre. Just got done with a head gasket replacement and now it's not turning over. Put on new plugs, wires, oil change and radiator flush.
Vehicle sat for about three weeks total time not running. I go to start her and I'm getting power but hesitates when I crank her and coughs. Then it's a heavy clicking. Popped the hood double checked all my connections a third time and everything looks all right. I noticed a wisp of white smoke coming from the PCV cover. Thoughts or items to go back over? TIA mrm
In addition, significant *click* turning the key from the lock position to on, that wasn't present before.

not
her
it's
third
coming
almost sounds like a dead battery....try recharging it

Any liquids in the cylinders when you put the head back on? You might pull the plugs and see if it will crank then.
Dave
mrm wrote:

The clicking is probably the solenoid. Is the battery charged up? Is there a ground wire on the engine?
Yeah, it's all hooked up and charged up. My thoughts were the solenoid or the starter itself. Just thought I might be overlooking something minor. I'm going to take the starter off tomorrow and have it tested. Appreciate the feedback. I'll follow-up tomorrow morning. thx

not
her
it's
third
coming
Have you checked the ground ? Most modern cars have half-ass grounds. When engine was torn down ground may have been disturbed. Use a VOM to measure battery voltage at terminals, leave positive lead connected, probe block with negative lead, if your getting less voltage, you have a bad ground.