light switch illumination

is there a bulb I can relace that lights the light switch or is the partsman telling the truth that I have to buy a new one for 200 can. Is there a way
to repair this ? The swich works fine only doesn't illuminate !
You might be able to solder in a new LED, though something tells me you've been told the truth
Info on what year/make/model vehicle?
Your best bet is to take the switch out and see if you can take out the bulb. If so, you can probably get one somewhere.
The bulb for mine is replaceable - if you can find it. GM has discontinued it. It plugs in twists. I got several bulbs at the junkyard. This light is always lit, as soon as you turn the key on, the bulb has a dim glow, this is a safety feature so if your in a dark parking garage or at night you can see where the headlight switch is.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,383 miles_~_~_