Limited recall riles GM owners

-- "...guarded by a tired cohort of Roman Heavy Infantry"

Reply to
Jim Higgins

Shep

$898.00 ??

We gotta raise our prices...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

While this is bad news for people affected, I have to wonder what your motivation is for your posts. Just here to bash GM?

Reply to
Scott

The GM news posted is bad news for owners. In I have owned GM and GM cars (note the plural) but having been badly burned by both and by warranty and out of warranty repairs and choose not to be cursed by domestic auto purchases again, ever. The article on GM was quite legitimate Scott, do you seek to be proud of such a poor record? If GM wants people back, that have very long memories for shabby treatment, they will have to go a long, long way to do so. A probable good start to convince people that they are serious about quality would be a 100,000 mile warranty, a very good one. Absent that 100K warranty I do not have the money or resources to risk gambling on a domestic car again-I *cannot* afford it. You want to roll the dice? Go right ahead. Good luck Scott.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

My memory of Pearl Harbor trumps anything that GM might do. Give me a Chevy over a ToyAuto any day...

Welcome to defective iron sucker, I'll go with real quality.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

So........ Scott is correct. You are just here to bash GM.

Reply to
Hairy

Yet another example of short-term profit-first thinking which continues to screw the customer.

Dumb and dumber!

John

Reply to
John Horner

All the more reason for GM to cover it 100% everywhere!

John

Reply to
John Horner

Why shouldn't he post it? Is your fantasy that this is a GM Cheerleading Only zone?

John

Reply to
John Horner

If I may take the liberty of quoting Scott, "I have to wonder what your motivation is for your posts. Just here to bash GM?" Don't bother answering John. We already know the answer. You could certainly never be accused of being a GM cheerleader. ;-) You're merely a lost mindless soul "trolling" the Group John. *LOL* ;-)

Reply to
Cool Jet

Pity that some folks are locked into "buying domestic at *any cost* right into bankruptcy". Most people these days, and more as domestic market share continues to fall, prefer to buy quality products. Quality pays in the long run, something that GM & Co. still fail to understand. They people that got GM and Ford into this mess are the ones to get it out? Hardly. At a minimum GM needs to offer a 100K solid warranty if they are to be taken seriously anymore. Every day they loose market share and still fail to "get it".

Reply to
Jim Higgins

It is ashame that some consumers are locked into "buying foreign at

*any cost* forcing American companies to lose market share and fall right into bankruptcy".

Most consumers these days, and more consumers as domestic market share continues to fall, prefer to buy "quality" products not caring about their standard of living. Granted quality helps a products reputation in the long run, something that many US manufacturers may fail to understand the consumers perspective.

Irate stockholders can't hardly prosecute via class action law suits the people that got GM and Ford into this mess. Why? They are retired, sitting nursing homes with senile dementia, or dead. Why? Shareholders wouldn't trust them to manage large companies again like Delphi, GM, Ford and Visteon.

Yes, GM is guilty of "selective" recalls that secretively catered to owners of low selling certain car models. This didn't help matters with consumer loyalty issues concerning popular and high selling models!

GM needs a lot more than "100K solid warranty if they are to be taken seriously anymore."! There are customer abuse issues concerning warranties.

Selling a product includes a lot more than a "solid warranty". To name a few: affordability, Consumer brand acceptance, dealer reputation, guarantee, price/cost, and implied & expressed warranty.

To "get it" consumers need to realize what is at stake -- lose their purchasing power in future years due to a loss of domestic jobs via apathy concerning domestic production of products. This has already happened with consumer electronics! So if they value their standard of living concerning their disposable income, "Buy American".

I am sure many readers of my post have many band aid solutions.

Why can't consumers have a wake up call more startling than French's mustard!

snip

Reply to
Charge

Pity that some folk are locked into buying Euro and Japanese and Chinese because of price, but try to rationalize it by insisting that it's because of quality, notwithstanding reports to the contrary. Pity that these same folk fail to see the impact that buying foreign product can have on their country's economy and eventually on them personally.

Jim, what I'm about to say would appear to be news to you - when any company has a major market share, if you assume for a moment that the entire market remains constant over time, each time some new company starts selling into that market, the company with the major market share has to lose some market share. Mathematics don't lie. Having said that, the entire market does not stay constant over time. It is dynamic and expands and contracts, but unless it is a product that has passed its life cycle, it generally expands as it enters now markets for the first time.

Re: "They (sic) people that got GM and Ford into this mess are the ones to get it out?" Jim, surely you do not believe that all GM executives got the company "into this mess"! Do you really believe that there isn't a single bright GM executive who can help the company? I would suggest to you that there are scores of capable executives within the company that have the intelligence to turn the company around.

Re: "Every day they loose (sic) market share and still fail to "get it"." Jim, you would appear to be the one who fails to get how marketshare works. I can assure you that GM knows painfully well. ;-)

Which brings me to my final comment - Jim, why do the likes of you, John Horner and Charge spend so much time trolling a News Group for a product for which you clearly harbor such disdain? Do you have an axe to grind? Just curious.

Reply to
Cool Jet

Charge, I am guilty of painting you with a broad brush when I responded to Jim Higgins and John Horner's comments. Recently, you had been posting links to far too many news stories that many of us had already read and I thought that your intent was to cast aspersions at American industry. This latest post of yours appears to be your own thoughts and not those of some news story. And your comments make a lot of sense. My apologies for the shots I took at you.

Reply to
Cool Jet

So then genius boy, do you think GM is doing the right thing by limiting it's brake recall to certain states?

John

Reply to
John Horner

"Jim Higgins" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

There was a recall on early 90's 4.3L Vortec engines for the PCV hose freezing up below -30 F. It was effective in Northern States and Alaska. The fix was a replacement with a higher flow PCV. However, the recall was never initiated in Canada, where it gets colder than all of those places except Alaska. Just great.

The Canadian GM parts places know nothing about it, however the valve they have has a capital "H" printed on the bottom. I hope that is the right one, because it sure gets lower than -30 F here sometimes.

Reply to
Conan Ford

John, if I may take the liberty of quoting Scott once again, "I have to wonder what your motivation is for your posts. Just here to bash GM?" Don't bother answering John. Oh right - you didn't!!! We already know the answer. You could certainly never be accused of being a GM cheerleader. ;-) You're merely a lost mindless soul "trolling" the Group John. *LOL* ;-)

John Horner = TROLL

Reply to
Cool Jet

Oh the irony. Charge someone for not answering the question then proceed not to answer the question either. Now that's damn funny.

I'll answer it. No, GM isn't doing the right thing in that case.

Reply to
jcr