Location of A.I.R. Pump 1996 Chev Monte Carlo 3.4L

Does anyone know where this A.I.R. pump is located on this car? It has started to make a loud squealing noise.
It has been loud since GM replaced it in June 2003, but now it sounds
as though some bearings are about to go out.
The new pump has about 10K miles on it and the car has 79K.
You would think that with the pump making a lot of noise it would be easy to locate but, the pump does not run long enough for me to find it.
Has anyone replaced it and if so, how big of a job is it? Are there any special tools required?
Having change the alternator and timing belt, my experience is that nothing is easy on this car.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I have the same car in NYS, no air pump, maybe only in Calif.?

David,
I am in NC and it has the pump.
My understanding is that these cars do not have the old type that run off of the belt.
Is that the reason that you say that yours does not have it?
GM had a recall on the pump, if your car does have one, you may want to have the recall done.
I think that I can find the recall info if you would like to have it.
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 13:53:49 -0400, "David J and Lynne J Shepherd"

What and where is this AIR pump? Do you have the 3.1or 3.4 ? maybe thats where the confusion lies.

I have the 3.4L as noted in the title of the msg. I have no idea of the location of the pump, actually, that was the purpose of the post.
Robert has posted a msg saying that it is behind the right front fender.
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:24:52 -0400, "David J and Lynne J Shepherd"

Depending on engine & emissions package you may have an A.I.R. pump. Some times two like cars with federal emissions, one will have a A.I.R. pump, the other will not. Charles
Described as being "Behind right hand front fender, forward of splashguard". Manual advises to access it by removing right front tire and taking off the inner fender cover. No special instructions in the replacement procedure, just unplug the connectors, remove the hoses and unbolt from the bracket, with the installation being the reverse..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
There is only one pump on this car. It is electric and is behind the right wheelwell. It is held on with 3 bolts.

Thanks to both you and Robert.
Do either of you know if it is hard to replace?
As I recall the alternator was held on by three bolts. I personally thought that it was a pain to replace.
Thanks again.