location of blower motor in 2000 cadillac sedan deville

I cannot find the blower motor for the HVAC system. I need to get at it for repair because it squeeks. Again, it is a 2000 Sedan Deville Cadillac. Also some steps to get at it would be nice too if someone could share. Thanks, ROB

Reply to
Mrplow350

Look at the center of the firewall, behind the engine. See the round metal object protruding out from the duct? That is the blower motor. Disconnect the electrical harness, the cooling hose and the retaining screws then remove the unit. Vacuum out the duct while you have the opportunity. Replacing the motor might the smart-money move since it being a squeaker prolly means the bearings are worn/dry, but check for signs of interference....

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

I took out the glove compartment and I am almost positive that it is located underneath all of that because I put my hand on it and I can feel the air blowing out of it. I looked from under the hood and I do not see any ductwork unless its under the black plastic shroud. If that is the case, I do not know how to take that off because it has some weird fasteners that I do not want to break.

Reply to
Mrplow350

In this year, the blower motor is inside the vehicle. You are on the right track, According to the service manual, you need to remove the under dash cover, the glove box and a module and bracket under there. At that point you should be able to remove the heater motor. Sorry, haven't done one of these heater motors, so the above instructions are a bit sketchy.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai