Looking at Trailblazers -- would like an opinion

I'm looking at two Trailblazers, neither of which is exactly what I want.

The first is a 2002 LTZ with lots of nice amenities and 50,000 miles. The quoted price seems reasonable at around $15,000. Still, that's a couple of years and about 25,000 miles older than I wanted.

The second is a 2005 LS EXT. That's the BIG Trailblazer. It only has

14,000 miles on it. Again, the quoted price is not unreasonable at $24,000. It's still under warranty, but it has the V-6 rather than the inline-6 and, well, it's big. I'm concerned about maintenance and fuel economy -- I don't really need a truck that big.

I am currently driving a '96 Blazer with 140,000 miles on it. My kids are bigger and I could really use a slightly larger vehicle. Also, the Blazer is coming up on 10 years old and parts are going to start getting expensive.

I'm inclined to hold out for the LT that I want rather than one of these two, but that could take years and I refuse to pay $30,000 for a brand new ride.

Any Trailblazer owners out there have any opinions about this situation?

Thanks.

Reply to
Mark Adams

Shep

I believe that was a typo on my part. I've heard really good things about the 6 and the 8 seems to be an underpowered gas guzzler that doesn't churn out the horsepower to make it worthwhile.

I'm also aware of the dozen or so recalls on the 2002. How much trouble have you had with yours?

And thanks for the info.

Reply to
Mark Adams

Reply to
Shep

Okay, thanks again.

Reply to
Mark Adams

Hmmm, I just checked carsdirect.com and they show a selling price of $23,535 for a Brand New 4x2 Trailblazer LT. GM is having a very deep discount sale through the end of this month. If you really want a Given the reliability problemsTrailblazer, I would snatch up a new one at the bargain pricing.

I would also consider buying the GM Major Guard extended warranty program :).

John

Reply to
John Horner

Wow, that's a hell of a deal.