looking for brake lines on a 97 cavalier

I need to replace the brake lines on my 97 cavalier.I'm looking for an online source since the closest local dealer is 75 min drive away. searched the internet without any luck. anyone know of any online
sorces that might sell these brake lines or do I have to go to a local dealer?
High snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hard lines or hoses? Hard lines can be made; all you need is a flaring tool and a good tube bender. Hoses... I'd think your FLAPS would have them.
good luck
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Yeah - but use a double flare tool for brake lines. I don't bother using my tubing bender anymore. Just make careful bends and work them gently so you don't kink the line. You don't have to follow the exact run of the factory lines. Making your own brake lines will be a fraction of the cost of OEM brake lines. A tiny fraction.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

This is a 97 car, not sure if they still use double flares or ISO "bubble" flares.
Easiest way to determine is to remove the line you want to replace and take it to your local NAPA or whatever. They can match up the fittings and identify the tools you need.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

On all of my GM's Nate, I haven't found any bubble flares and I replaced brake lines on up to 98 model years. But - like you say, the aftermarket guys can match up what he needs. So here's a question - on cars equipped with bubble flares - what do they use right at the brake and at the proportioning valve? What's in between is not all that important when you're running new lines but those ends of the runs do become a tad critical.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Yahoo, or other search engine will point you several GM dealers who sell by mail, take CC, 800 ph #