low pedal

1990 buick century. I have replaced the master cylinder and rebuilt the calipers in front and 1 new wheel cylinder(due to leak) and still have a low
brake pedal. Feels like I bottom the pedal to stop quickly. I am fairly confident all the air is out. rear shoes feel adjusted properly although their must be a slight out of round on the drum since it catches at some points when spinning. Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated. The total pedal travel is about 2.1" to firm pedal, slightly further and I feel like the master bottoms? total pedal travel to floor is 4"+
--
toddtech

Brake hose ?

toddtech wrote:

calipers in front and 1 new wheel cylinder(due to leak) and still have a low brake pedal. Feels like I bottom the pedal to stop quickly. I am fairly confident all the air is out. rear shoes feel adjusted properly although their must be a slight out of round on the drum since it catches at some points when spinning. Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated. The total pedal travel is about 2.1" to firm pedal, slightly further and I feel like the master bottoms? total pedal travel to floor is 4"+

Perhaps the rotors and rear housing are worn down?
--
Thank you,

CL Gilbert
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert wrote:

calipers in front and 1 new wheel cylinder(due to leak) and still have a low brake pedal. Feels like I bottom the pedal to stop quickly. I am fairly confident all the air is out. rear shoes feel adjusted properly although their must be a slight out of round on the drum since it catches at some points when spinning. Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated. The total pedal travel is about 2.1" to firm pedal, slightly further and I feel like the master bottoms? total pedal travel to floor is 4"+

That would not affect pedal travel if the rears were properly adjusted.
toddtech wrote:

calipers in front and 1 new wheel cylinder(due to leak) and still have a low brake pedal. Feels like I bottom the pedal to stop quickly. I am fairly confident all the air is out. rear shoes feel adjusted properly although their must be a slight out of round on the drum since it catches at some points when spinning. Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated. The total pedal travel is about 2.1" to firm pedal, slightly further and I feel like the master bottoms? total pedal travel to floor is 4"+

Sure sounds like air in the system. Try a vac bleeder. Why not replace the one old rear wheel cylinder while you are at it?
On 1/21/06 8:57 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.carstalk.net,

Did you bench bleed the new mc?
toddtech wrote:

calipers in front and 1 new wheel cylinder(due to leak) and still have a low brake pedal. Feels like I bottom the pedal to stop quickly. I am fairly confident all the air is out. rear shoes feel adjusted properly although their must be a slight out of round on the drum since it catches at some points when spinning. Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated. The total pedal travel is about 2.1" to firm pedal, slightly further and I feel like the master bottoms? total pedal travel to floor is 4"+

Does this vehicle have ABS and did you bleed the ABS with the proper procedure? (requires scan tool)
good luck
nate