LT1 Cooling System Burping?

Hi Guys,
I have a 1994 Buick Roadmater, equipped with the LT1 engine, and just had the rad changed, as the old one had cracks in the plastic side tanks. Now
that this has been done, the engine runs a LOT hotter than before, almost to the redline before the fan kicks in.
Is this indicative of a cooling system with air in it? If so, are there any tricks you guys have devised that burps the air out without getting coolant into the Opticrap distributor (1994 model hasn't got the vent to remove moisture)?
Please advise.
Thanks,
Matt
"Matt Keefer" wrote

Use the available bleed screws, and use lots of rags to make sure you don't get any coolant down in the area of the distributor. Not easy, but we do it all the time.
Ian
Thanks for the advice :) I'll do that.
Matt

Use the bleeder screw to purge the air. In my chevy it's on the upper radiator hose right where it drops into the thermostat housing. It takes a couple of heating and cooling cycles for me to get it right in my 96 Caprice.
Patrick