LTZ no warm start

My '98 Lumina LTZ does not start when it's warm. If I drive around long enough to get the engine hot, stop the engine, then come back to start it 30-60 minutes later (while it's still warm)
it will not start. It turns and sounds as if it is going to start but it does not catch. If I come back to start it while it's still hot it will start. If it is not starting and I pop the hood to help cool things it starts once the temp gauge falls below normal.
You need to check for spark when this happens, this is basic diagnostics, there is no quick answer here.