Lubricate Slip Yoke? factory service manual not clear what to use

The factory service manual for my '89 S10 Blazer 2WD w/ 700R4 says to lubricate the slip yoke when re-installing the driveshaft. It doesn't specify what to lube it with; not sure if I should use motor oil, ATF,
general purpose grease, etc. When I took the driveshaft out a little fluid did drip out of the slip yoke, it wasn't redish in color and looked more like motor oil. It's a one-piece drive shaft and there is no grease fitting (or hole) in the slip yoke.
Thanks, John
Use a little vasoline on the inside of the seal. You need to service that transmission if the fluid looked like that.

Use ATF.

I believe they are referring to using ATF on the outside of the yoke to lubricate the seal.
Brian
Yes they are, and the tranny fluid thats in the tranny will lube the slip yoke splines.
--
Mark