Lumina APV Wiper Arms

Hi, a friend of mine has a '94 Lumina van, and his windshield washer hose has sprung a leak. It runs from the washer pump, up underneath a plastic cowl, that is held on with eight screws. I tried to give him a hand today, to take off the cowl, the problem is the wiper arms are right on top of the cowl, and each one is held on with a large nut. We removed the nuts, but those wiper arms won't budge, I tried a small gear puller, but I didn't want to use any kind of excessive force, until I know exactly what is holding these things on. By eye they appear to just be pressed on. Would anyone know how to remove these arms, without causing any damage, is there some sort of trick to getting these things off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA, Wade

Reply to
Wade

Bobo

Yes! use the puller and to remove it.

Reply to
everyone

Yes, use the gear puller to separate the arm from post. Mnn

Reply to
NOSPAM

Thanks a million for the quick comeback. Just knowing that they are pressed on will allow us to use a little more force, without worrying about damaging something. The super glue is also a great idea, just a little more insurance........... -Wade

Reply to
Wade

Using the super glue is not a good idea if you may want to remove it someday. Replace with new hose, it is cheap and readily available at most auto parts stores...

Reply to
BillW

Reply to
Bobo