Lumina......fuel gage stays on full

'91 lumina with 61k miles. All of a sudden the fuel gage won't work. Possible fuel sending unit? Thanks.

Just curious;
Have you used ethanol-gas lately ??
<rj>
<RJ> wrote:

The fuel gauge on my BUICK stuck on "full" right after a ( first ) tank of ethanol gas.
It stayed stuck for two refills of "regular" then started working OK.
Maybe coincidence ? maybe not.
<rj>
<RJ> wrote:

Wisconsin gas has at least 10% ethanol in it.
Gary B wrote:

I would suspect the fuel sender unit first, without regard to whether ethanol fuel is harmful to it or not.
BTW I use "gasohol" exclusively in my '88 Z-24 for the last four years and have never even so much as replaced the fuel filter (I'm going to now just because I never have).