Lumina part - what is it?

Here's an embarassing one: I recently worked on the A/C in my wife's '98 Lumina. In the course of the repair I ended up having to remove the air cleaner box to get access to the low-side port; and I also removed the caps on both a/c ports.

Anyway, when I moved the car, this part was laying on the driveway:

It's a little yellow thingy made of very soft rubber. I thought perhaps it might be some kinda seal for one of the a/c port caps (it fits on either port, but the caps won't go on with it installed).

I just wanna make sure it's not something important. Any help will be much appreciated! JohnB

Reply to
johnnyzero

Looks like the weather seal from an electrical connector.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Reply to
Shep

Thanks, Steve. You're right: it might be the electrical connector weather seal from either the a/c pressure switch or one of the emission thingy's that are connected to the air cleaner housing. I had pulled the connectors off all three. However, aren't those usually oval-shaped, not round?

Anyway, I'll check it out and let you know the result.

Thanks again, JohnB

Reply to
johnnyzero

Almost done. All that is left is a pesky exhaust leak which I think is the EGR tube and it now needs front brake pads. I just made a 2000km trip from Ontario to Nova Scotia with the car loaded to the roof and it was flawless. Not loosing oil, not overheating, no clunks from the suspension, no vibrations, nothin'.

It's amazing how constantly replacing parts makes it run so well.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

The only round connector I can see that's around where you were working is the connector going into the top of the tranny.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

How about the seal out of your AC pressure gauge.

Reply to
Woody