Lumina Service Engine Soon

Friends,
My GF has a 1998 Lumina, 3.1, 115,000 miles. The other day the Check Engine Light came on and showed a two codes but both were P0440 (Evap
Emission Malfunction). I was able to have a smoke test done and it seemed to be coming from the selonoid on the charchol cannister. I replaced the selonoid and cleared the codes. It was okay for four days then it reappeared immediately after I bought gas.
The fuel filler tube actually looks like it is "weeping" gas. Could this leak be causing the P0440 code?
Thanks, Steve
In article
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Did the person doing the smoke test actually command the vent valve closed -during the test-? It's a normally open valve and will leak smoke unless electrically closed.
No he didn't. It never dawned on me.
Steve
Any air/fuel leak in the evap system will set a code, including the filler neck.