Malibu 2004

My Malibu 2004, with 19000 km on the meter, will not start when warm. It happens a couple of times a week and only when the engine is warm. The starter motor will turn furiously, but somehow not catch. After waiting for
about a minute or so, the engine will suddenly start without any obvious explanation.
Does anybody out there have a clue what may be causing this? My dealer doesn't seem to.
Many thanks in advance for any input!
Hans

for
Does the engine turn over or does the starter just spin freely? If the engine isn't turning over and the starter is spinning, find a new dealer.
Steve
Steve Mackie wrote:

Agreed.