Malibu Trunk Lid

Darn, I managed to knock the metal rod that tensions the trunk lid that allows lid to open on it's own. I tried to put it back on but with no success. Seems a b*tch of a job.

Any tips/tricks to getting the rod hooked back on?

Thanks

David

Reply to
Dave

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

I used a pry bar (20 lb version -> good leverage), but I wrapped the forked end (for pulling big nails/spikes) with electrical tape so I wouldn't give Auntie Rust another place to start. Don't forget to eat a can of spinach first...it's a b*&^h of a job. Just watch you don't let the end of the tension rod "catch" one of the notches while you're prying, or it'll bend and that's all she wrote.

Andy

Reply to
madmedix