Malibu Trunk Lid

Darn, I managed to knock the metal rod that tensions the trunk lid that allows lid to open on it's own. I tried to put it back on but with no success. Seems a b*tch of a job.
Any tips/tricks to getting the rod hooked back on?
Thanks
David
Muscle and a long pry bar, have someone hold the lid open far as possible to ease the reinstallation.

I used a pry bar (20 lb version -> good leverage), but I wrapped the forked end (for pulling big nails/spikes) with electrical tape so I wouldn't give Auntie Rust another place to start. Don't forget to eat a can of spinach first...it's a b*&^h of a job. Just watch you don't let the end of the tension rod "catch" one of the notches while you're prying, or it'll bend and that's all she wrote.
Andy