Malibu Wheel Bearing

Jeeze - you would never make it at some of the 'chain' places..

Umm...sir, I have some bad news, your ball joints (axel, cvjoint, etc etc.) are about to crumble and your brakes are shot; I can't let the car leave the shop... Oh, and you need a whole new exhaust too... plus there might be other stuff once we get into it...

Reply to
gbravy

"we're not quite sure what it is, but we've narrowed it down to $800"

Shoe

Reply to
munir

"gbravy" wrote

You are right, I wouldn't make it one of the chain type of repair places. Occasionaly we do get the odd service writer that has been trained this way, and it's very irritating to hear them talking to the customer's and trying to "scare" them into doing work. I am quite willing and able to tell the customer what the implications will be if they don't fix a particular problem.....but I don't see the point of basically lying to them and attempting to scare them just so I can get the sale. There are very few repairs on a vehicle that "have" to be done in order for the car to be safe.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

munir wrote in alt.autos.gm

Uh huh. Or like "The reason my computer will not connect is not because the cable is disconnected, I know that is the reason. How dare you suggest such a thing, even though that was the reason yesterday." Half an hour later, she calls back and apologizes because it was the cable after all.

Reply to
Dick C

the old Steve Martin bit...

"I know I had that fifty dollars because I ALWAYS put it in this pocket, I Never put it in this pock....

nevermind"

Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)

Reply to
munir