mech. differences btw Bonneville and Lesabre (2005)

I am looking at 2005 model year Pontiac Bonnevilles (base model) and Buick Lesabres. What are the mechanical differences, if any, between these if both are "H" bodies and "K" engines (non-super-charged 3.8L V6)?

The suspension feels tighter on the Bonneville, so I guess i might have different springs or shocks. Is there a transmission gearing difference too?

Reply to
Joe Blow

I pretty much think the engine /trans gearing are the same in the LeSabre as the Bonneville. Both have 205 hp, same as my Park Avenue. The radiator hoses on mine car say LeSabre/Park Avenue/Bonneville.

I take this to mean Impala/Monte & GP (3800V6) hose's would be different.

Yes the suspension & steering in a Bonneville will be a bit firmer & tight than the Buick. Tire width might also be a bit wider on the Pontiac. I think the battery is located under the rear seat on both these vehicles.

Good Luck,

harryface

91 Bonneville 319,863 05 Park Avenue 88,903
Reply to
Harry Face

Thanks.

Yes the battery is under the rear seat in both. I checked.

I think the battery is located under the rear seat on both

Reply to
Joe Blow

The battery is a bit more expensive than most too, but they do last a while. I replaced mine after 7 years just because it was going to be getting cold and I'd rather do that sort of thing in mild temperature rather than 10 below.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski