Mice in air intake

Hi folks,
I own a 98 cavalier 2.2 and recently mice have started to build some nests in my air passages, and every time I turn on my fan it reeks of mice
excrement, and nesting material is sucked into the fan, which is a pain in the you-know-what to take off and clean.
I have read that I should block the air intake with some steel mesh, but I cannot find the intake, I have no clue where it is.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Er
The air intake is usually under the cowl vent grille where your wipers park, but the mice would have to come up the side drains in the cowl to get there.

Thanks!
So, I have to take the grille off, and then look for the side drains. Where do they 'drain'? Somewhere in the wheelwell?
Er
You can't block them off, they run down the side of the top of the cowl to the corners of the lower body almost behind the the rear of the fenders, (best way I can describe it.). Run water into the top grilles and see where it exits.

Just wait till a live mouse comes flying out the defrosters and lands on your wife. The reaction is generally about the same as a plane crashing into your house, or when she breaks ALL of her nails at once.
<lol>
--

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:54:11 -0500, "Er"
<egerrits[remove]@afpollution.com> wrote:
snipped-for-privacy@myhome.com wrote:

Maybe a diversion is in order. Put cheese in the exhaust pipe. Maybe when the little buggers crawl up in there they will get the ride of there life .
Bob

I have seen a mouse & a snake come flying out of Open Headers before. I have also smelled mice burning in a muffler before.
Mice in the exhaust system is not a good thing. Especially when they get in to the muffler. It smells horrid, and takes a couple of days to blow out. Charles