Missing Pieces Found !

August of 2003 I replaced the water pump. During warm up to get all the antifreeze in I heard a loud bang agianst the hood then a click sound, then a rattling pulley. Uh Oh !
Forgot to tighten the 4 bolts on the water pump pulley, one bolt flew off.
Never found the bolt, and I looked everywhere for it. and, as usual, it didn't make it to the garage floor.
Dec 2004 the missing bolt is finally found peeking out from under the LH side of the radiator tank.
Of course when I put a new radiator in in Feb 2004 the bolt wasn't there, it was probably hiding in the radiator pan further forward under the AC Condensor.
2 weeks ago I lost the green wire harness retainer clip for the EGR Valve. It went flying off somewhere. But not onto the garage floor.
Found it today balancing between the frame rail behind the trans pan and on one of the trans pan bolt theads that stick up though the holes in the trans case.
Now how the hell that didn't fall off is beyond me.
Just a slight puff from me sent it spiraling down.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,324 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
Harry Face wrote:

the
sound,
it
the
under
and
in
Well Harry, those parts are only worth 50, but it's hard to find a good fifty-cent piece these days.
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:36:46 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

I hope I get as lucky with the 13mm socket that disappeared 16 months ago during a throttle body cleaning. I suspect it was wedged between the rear exhaust manifold and heat shield, but thirty minutes of poking around with an inspection mirror and a magnetic retrieval tool failed to turn up anything.
Murphy's Law tells me it has probably been spat out onto the road.... ....probably while I was driving to Sears for a replacement.
Dave
92 Grand Am, 3.3L, 248,515 miles.
....and my newly adopted baby.... 00 F150 4x2, 5.4L, 44,000 miles.
Maybe that's what hit my windshield!
(Harry Face)

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

I found some bolts under the tar sound deadener on the floor of the '71 T/A that some assembly line worker lost there 34 years ago ....
Found a bunch of coins inside the 84 T/A console last month. All nicely corroded and nothing newer than 1984. 84 T/A, the gift that keeps on giving.
Dennis Smith
It is good to hear that you found a piece.

In the winter I take my car to a Quicklube to get the oil changed....
Well come spring I started to change my own oil again and guess what I found on a frame rail.. Beleive it or not a half eaten hamburger!!
Crazy!! Jeff P

I must say, a hamburger is quite the missing piece! Would work great as a plug! LOL :)