Montana transmission problem ??

I own a 2002. I pull a tent trailer in summer and a ATV in winter, yes I have a tranny cooler. I pull the tent trailer in drive never O.D however due
to the light weight of the ATV I pull in OD on highway only.
Since a couple of months the transmission quit for a split second, jerking off the car a bit look like the engine is quitting , suddenly . Seems to happen on OD only, pulling the light trailer , or sometime with nothing hook to it . Any idea ?
My 2000 Chevy Venture does this once in a while, usually when cold and within a block from home. Just a momentary neutral upon accelleration from stop and then normal.
Another phenomena is a long gradual trans engagement when first starting off in the morning after the van was parked nose-up on a hill. It happens especially when hitched up to my boat overnight on my sloped driveway. It feels like the park brake is engaged and over about 5 seconds it engages. The boat is about 2500 pounds.
I'm not saying this is normal but it's been doing this for 2 years and still no sign of further trans failure.
--
Denis Roy
D. Roy Woodcraft
Rick wrote:

Have you been changing the transmission fluid regularly? Towing is particularly hard on automatic transmission fluids.
John
No, the fluid is still red , no smell of burnt oil or clutch material, however I will change it first opportunity.
Thanks for your input guys.
Is there some sort of device controlling the lock up of the torque conv. ?