Monte Carlo Wheel Bearing Assembly Replacement

I have a vibration in my Monte Carlo. I took it to the local goodyear tire shop and they diagnosed it as a bad bearing assembly.
I have found the part runs around $99 - $189 depending on if you need ABS or
not.Any ideas on where to get this at a better price? Does anyone rebuild these or do I have to buy new?
I went to Autozone's website and they have an OK version of how to replace it...http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0e/dd/49/0900823d800edd49.jsp , but can anyone suggest a better breakdown? I think I will have to rent or buy a tool to back the spindle out of the assembly.
I recently was successful in replacing the lower intake gasket and have the car back together and running fine...how will this task rate? Take it to the shop or knock it out myself?
Assyming front wheel! It is about 1-1/2 hr of work if you have everything near by. You will need torx bit and hub puller (slide hammer type) to break the hub apart from steering knuckle . Hub with ABS is not repairable at least for my car anyway. Paul

tire shop and they diagnosed it as a bad bearing assembly.

or not.Any ideas on where to get this at a better price? Does anyone rebuild these or do I have to buy new?

replace it...http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=az/cds/en_us/09008 23d/80/0e/dd/49/0900823d800edd49.jsp
or buy a tool to back the spindle out of the assembly.

the car back together and running fine...how will this task rate? Take it to the shop or knock it out myself?

Well what year is your car? Front wheel rear wheel? Abs or non Abs? If its and older model rearwheel drive non Abs it simple enough...If its a front wheel Abs or non you cannot service the bearings....But need to replace the whole hub.. Steve C
Re: Monte Carlo Wheel Bearing Assembly Replacement Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Fri, Feb 13, 2004, 7:19am (CST+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@net.com (NOSPAM) Assyming front wheel! It is about 1-1/2 hr of work if you have everything near by. You will need torx bit and hub puller (slide hammer type) to break the hub apart from steering knuckle . Hub with ABS is not repairable at least for my car anyway. Paul