Monte Carlo Wheel Bearing Assembly Replacement

I have a vibration in my Monte Carlo. I took it to the local goodyear tire shop and they diagnosed it as a bad bearing assembly.

I have found the part runs around $99 - $189 depending on if you need ABS or not.Any ideas on where to get this at a better price? Does anyone rebuild these or do I have to buy new?

I went to Autozone's website and they have an OK version of how to replace it...

, but can anyone suggest a better breakdown? I think I will have to rent or buya tool to back the spindle out of the assembly. I recently was successful in replacing the lower intake gasket and have the car back together and running fine...how will this task rate? Take it to the shop or knock it out myself?

Reply to
TransAm 84

tire shop and they diagnosed it as a bad bearing assembly.

or not.Any ideas on where to get this at a better price? Does anyone rebuild these or do I have to buy new?

it...

, but can anyone suggest a better breakdown? I think I will have to rentor buy a tool to back the spindle out of the assembly.>

the car back together and running fine...how will this task rate? Take it to the shop or knock it out myself?

Reply to
NOSPAM

Well what year is your car? Front wheel rear wheel? Abs or non Abs? If its and older model rearwheel drive non Abs it simple enough...If its a front wheel Abs or non you cannot service the bearings....But need to replace the whole hub.. Steve C

23d/80/0e/dd/49/0900823d800edd49.jsp =A0=A0=A0=A0, but can anyone suggest a better breakdown? I think I will have to rent or buy a tool to back the spindle out of the assembly. I recently was successful in replacing the lower intake gasket and have the car back together and running fine...how will this task rate? Take it to the shop or knock it out myself?
Reply to
S C