more brakes

Additionally, Toyota is also recalling "7,300 early production - 2010 model year 4 cylinder Camry vehicles." The company wants to inspect for a power steering hose that may be in contact with a front brake tube.

"This contact could lead to a hole in the brake tube and cause a brake fluid leak, increased brake pedal stroke and greater vehicle stopping distance." That is also press release talk for "holy @#$%, my brakes don't work!"

Reply to
Tom

Toyota is turning into a regular GM :-(

Reply to
Jim Higgins

GM ever going to recall the broken manifolds?

Reply to
Canuck57

Not really, Toyota is recalling them. GM isn't recalling manifold issues.... Sure hate to have one give me a sudden failure on a interstate.

Download the NTFSA database, and after you read it ask yourself why GM does not have more publicity. Maybe the media is used to it and it does not sell like a Toyota one would.

But glad I will not have to fork out for another depreciating asset for at least 6 years. By then they all will either be gone or making them cheaper and better. Or the Chinese or Indians will do it for them.

Take a Tata Nano, buy one every five years and toss it out like garbage. For 10 years total cost in todays dollars would be less than $9K....

GM can produce anything for $10K. And buying a Volt or two in 10 years at $40K to $60K is stupid priced.

The auto industry is going to get the shakeout, question is how much taxpayers money is DC going to waste on GM, and how far will they go to persecute honest companies not in the elites back pocket.

Reply to
Canuck57

I have only seen the Tata Nano on TV, but I'm sure you get what you pay for. It couldn't be much more than an enclosed golf cart for that price. I remember when people snapped up Yugos and Hyundai Excells at similar prices. Yugos were only available with stick shift and you had to add your own a/c (not a luxury here in S. Tx). Hyundais were at least available with auto and a feeble a/c. Both were junk that many dealers would not even take in on trade a couple of years later. You can't get something for nothing. Larry

Reply to
Lp1331 1p1331

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reply to
Mike Hunter

More importantly it will never be sold in the US at anywhere near that price. In the fist place in does not comply with NHTSA regulations

Reply to
Mike Hunter

In message , Lp1331

1p1331 writes

You can't get something for nothing,I agree, but you can sure be ripped of when there's no outside competition.

Reply to
Clive

I am sure they are no BMW. In fact, BMW had least recalls in the NTSFA database that I could find. So if you want quality and the lowest defects and want to pay, BMW is for you.

Trouble is with net family incomes going down on an average basis. With no real hope for signifigant possitive change of any kind, people need cheaper cars. And if a Tata Nano only lasts 5 years, it is 1/10 the cost of a eco freak mobile like a Volt. That is HUGE savings to by a Nano over some $30K+ GM POC. If the engine block cracks in 6 years, so what, Nano is cheap and just buy another one.

I think people are tired of the capital cash draw of autos. There hasn't been an inflation adjusted cost improvement on the things in 50+ years. With governmetns greed taking mor ethan before and wages not keeping up, less expensive cars is no longer an option for many. They eitehr get them cheap or they will not drive.

Reply to
Canuck57

Bullshit. Download the database for yourself. Toyota has about 1/3rd the defects as any of GM, Ford and Chryler.

Mike, the BSer.

Reply to
Canuck57

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

In message , Canuck57 writes

No, the Tata Nano doesn't comply with EU regulations, the most basic items like seat belts aren't in the Nano, leave alone more sophisticated air bags, which are a must. I'm confident that if you Google the EU spec. You'll find a lot of points where the Nano falls down.

Reply to
Clive

Not so regarding the manifold issue. I received a recall by personal letter. Service advisor at the dealership also twice checked for underhood notation of campaign number. Completion was noted in GM database for my VIN number.

Reply to
pj