More Buick Help please

1973 Buick Electra 225, 455 motor.

Thanks for the assistance so far. OK, I found that the mystery switch could have something to do with tranny kickdown. I scored a wiring diagram, and it makes sense how it works in the circuit. Basically, ,the tranny will not be allowed to downshift until the motor is hot enough. So, I opted to short the wires (to the switch) so the circut is complete to downshift whenever. No wierd lights on the dash, and still no test drive so more to follow on that.

Here is another question. The vacuum advance should have manifold vacuum. Would it be better to just pick it directly off of the manifold, OR use the vacuum switch? Since I am not too worried about emissions, I am thinking a pick off the manifold will work fine?

Any thoughts? Eightupman

Reply to
Eightupman