More on Buick TSB's

I have been able to locate the title of the TSB for the '08 Lucerne.     "Steering - Bump/Clunk On Slow Speed Turns" Not able to locate any further info tho, ie: cause/cure.
Any ideas ? ? THX ! ! Zork

Did you happen to get the number of that TSB?
says...

It had the date of the TSB, but didn't show the number. It wasn't even shown on the Alldata site. It originally showed up in Jan.'07 and is supposedly still in effect for the '08's. Anyway, my Lucerne has the same problem. Am going to the dealer in a few days, but sure would be nice to point them in the right direction. (not that I don't have complete faith in them......NOT) Thx Zork

I didnt find it on Alldata either. I went to a couple of other sites and found some Lucerne TSBs, but nothing like this one.
Biggest bitch about the Lucerne seems to be the instrument panel, but there are a few others rumbling around.
One reason we didnt go Lucerne was the GM handling of the plastic plenum problem, and the fact that it was a new product, with unknown weaknesses.
Hope you enjoy yours.
Again, the dealer is required to make available any TSB info that affects the car you own, why not approach their service dept?

I agree, Shep. That would seem to be the proper course of action.
So what I gather from conversations on TSB's is there is no place they are listed that can be accessed. Only at the dealers. Thought I would give it try tho. Thanks to all Zork ---------------------
says...

On Apr 24, 7:02am, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Zork) wrote:

.
The TSB on the '06-'07 Lucerne was Service Bulletin Number 060235009 with a NHTSA Item Number of 10020815. The description as follows:
POWER STEERING CLUNK, NOISE OR RUBBING FEEL WHILE MAKING TURNS AT SLOW SPEEDS, COLUMN, INTERMEDIATE SHAFT, INTERMITTENT. *KB UPDATED 08-15-07. *KB
This from following website: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/recallsearch.cfm
HTH, Mark

What I forgot to add is that the rest of the article is available from those folks for a fee. Something like $45 per hour of computer time and $.10 per page for copying.
It looks like the best deal is if you've got a friendly dealer.
Mark

They can be accessed if you are willing to pay. I have an Alldata account for two of my cars, and it allows me TSB access, plus a lot more, for relatively little money.