more on possible Zeta-based Impala?

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2006/112_news061024_future_chevy_impala
I'm liking the possibilities of this, can I keep my '05 going until the
new RWD Imp comes out? RWD and IRS YEAH BABY. Only thing is I know the company won't pop for a V-8 version, what is this "high-feature 3.6-liter V-6" that they are talking about? Is this a 2.8 based engine or something completely different? I was kind of hoping for the Trailblazer straight six, but you can't always get what you want, I suppose. Oh, and a stickshift, but I pretty much already know that the days of GM offering a manual transmixer in anything but a 'vette or econobox are long gone :(
It is a sad, sad crying shame that GM has to go to Australia to find the cars it should have been building here all along, but all I can say is the sooner something like this hits the showrooms the sooner people will stop snickering (or offering sympathy) when you say you drive a Chevrolet.
I just hope it sells; the Lincoln LS I thought showed promise as well, and it just kind of fizzled and died.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2006/112_news061024_future_chevy_impala

Oh, yeah, I know that article is ~2 mos. old. I don't subscribe to MT so I just saw it today after being intrigued by the short bit in HMM that I saw the other day. If it's news to me I figured it might be news to someone else.
nate